Welcome to St. Bartholomew’s, Burwash
If you are unfamiliar with any of our services we hope these notes will be of use to you and that we will be able to welcome you into our Parish family:
Our normal* service pattern is as follows :
- Every Sunday at 8am – Holy Communion - a traditional said celebration of the Eucharist taken from the 1662 Book of Common Prayer (BCP)
- 1st Sunday of each month at 10.00- Family Service- a short service aimed at families to come along to worship and have fun. Children and young people are encouraged to actively participate.. Coffee is served afterwards.
- 1st Sunday of each month at 6pm- Evensong – a traditional evening service as set out in the Book of Common prayer. The service includes readings, psalms and hymns
- 2nd Sunday of each month at 10am - Matins - a traditional morning service as set out in the Book of Common prayer. The service includes readings, psalms and hymns.
- 3rd Sunday (& 5th if applicable) of each month at 10am - Family Communion – using a version of Common Worship liturgy which reflects the richness and variety of worship which is available for use Sunday by Sunday. Coffee is served afterwards.
- 4th Sunday of each month at 10am - Parish Communion - a celebration of the Eucharist using Common Worship which uses more modern language together with additional readings and hymns
At all our services there are facilities for pre school children.Toys & books are always available in our Childrens Corner.
*Please check for changes to service patterns in the Broadsheet each month or on our website.